Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Teacher Week: Why stay organized?

Today' s Teacher Week topic is organization. I've always had somewhat of a Type A personality.  In high school I would plan out my outfits weeks in advance and record them in a notebook.  Even now I like to have dinners, workouts, and to-do lists planned before the week begins.  I'm a little crazy.  

Needless to say, classroom organization comes naturally to me.  There are so many forms of classroom organization that there's no way to cover it all in one post.  Today I'm only going to discuss the organization of my lesson plans.


I keep my lesson plans organized by storing them all on Google Drive.  I have a folder titled "Lesson Plans" and within this folder I have a folder for each week of the school year.  I create a new document for each day of the week.  




It's not very pretty or exciting, but it makes it super easy to make changes or find plans from previous days.  Plus there's no messy stacks of paper involved. 

After my lessons are organized on Drive, I print them out and highlight the activities that require materials.  I then find, organize, and copy these materials.  This leads to a neat, organized stack for each day of the week.  I store these stacks in labeled containers by desk.  


See the five containers on top of the black filing cabinet?  This isn't the best picture, but you get the idea.  

I simply take out the next day's stack and set it on my desk before I leave each night.  It couldn't be simpler!  

How do you stay organized?


No comments:

Post a Comment